Twitch is an excellent platform for streamers to get fame and fortune, and millions of streamers are exactly doing so.
But, show me a person who is happy with what he has, and I’ll show you a fool, a quote from a famous drug lord.
That is why people ask how to publish highlights of Twitch to Youtube? How does it help the streamers?
How to publish highlights of Twitch to Youtube from Android or iPhone? Is it worth it? Does it benefit the streamer more than staying on Twitch?
Well, that is what we will be talking about in this article today. Let’s begin.
How to Publish Highlights of Twitch to Youtube?
Well, that is a pretty simple process, yet you need to thoroughly know about it before you decide to move further.
We will talk about how to publish highlights of Twitch to Youtube on both desktop and mobile.
But before publishing, shall we take a look at how to create these highlights and edit them?
How to create highlights on Twitch? – A Quick Look:
- Access your Twitch account, and select your profile picture.
- You’ll see the “Creator Dashboard” option. Click on it.
- A menu will open on the left side of the screen. Find the “Content” option and click on it.
- Then look for the “Video Producer” option and open it.
- All of your saved streams/videos will appear.
- Select the video you want to highlight and click on it.
- You will see a “highlight” option. Select it.
- Now, that particular video will go into the editing phase.
How to Edit Highlights on Twitch?
- An editing box will appear in front of you. Look at them carefully.
- On the upper-left side of that box, you will see some options.
- “Undo” (left-facing arrow)
- “Redo” (right-facing arrow)
- “Delete” (a dustbin)
- “Split” (scissors)
- “Add” (+ sign)
- “Play” (play button)
- “Play Selected” (play button in brackets)
- “Start” (the word “start” written)
- “Start selected” (a left-facing arrow in brackets)
- “End” (the word “end” written)
- “End selected” (a right-facing arrow in brackets)
- “Zoom in” (magnifying glass with + sign)
- “Zoom out” (magnifying glass with a – sign)
- “Zoom center” (>|<)
- Here in the “zoom” section, you will set the length of your video.
- Then the “Display” option.
- “Clips Menu,” where you can see your hand-made clips.
- Then the “3 dots,” where you get additional options.
- From wherever you want to start the highlighted video, just drag the time stamp there.
- For instance, if your video is 30 minutes long and you want to capture the last 5 minutes.
- Just drag the timeline from the “start” of the video to the 25th minute.
- The time would be displayed like this: “00:25:00.”
- Similarly, you can do this from the “end” side as well.
- For instance, if you want to highlight the time from 25th to 28th minute only.
- You will drag the start timeline to the 25th minute, and then you will drag the end timeline to the 28th minute.
- Twitch will tell you the total length of the video after that.
- So, in our situation, the time would be 00:03:00. The highlight is ready!
How to create multiple highlights on Twitch?
- Just give a name to your first highlight.
- Give your highlight a category or change it.
- Then create as many highlights as you want by following the steps mentioned above.
With all of that said, we can now move on to how to publish highlights of Twitch to Youtube.
1. How to Publish Highlights of Twitch to Youtube on Desktop?
- Log into your account on the Twitch website.
- Click on your profile and select “Creator Dashboard.“
- Select the “Settings” and then the “Stream” option.
- Now, go down a bit and find “VOD Settings” and turn the “Store past broadcast” option on.
- Go back to your home page and again click on your profile, and select “Settings.“
- The settings section will open. Look for the “Connections” option.
- You will have multiple options to connect to. Scroll down a bit, and you will see the “Youtube” section.
- Click on “Connect” in front of YouTube.
- You will be asked to log in with your Google or YouTube account.
- After successfully connecting, go back to your saved videos in “Video Producer.”
- Select the highlight you want to export, and you will be asked to fill in some formalities like title and tags.
- Fill them and tap the “Start Export” or “Export Now” button. You are good to go!
2. How to Publish Highlights of Twitch to YouTube on mobile?
- Open any of the browsers on your mobile and search for twitch.com.
- Login in to your account there.
- Click on the “3 dots” and select the “Desktop site” option.
- Your mobile screen will turn into a desktop screen.
- Now, you can repeat all the instructions from above and do everything as you did on a desktop (PC). You are good!
How to view and Publish the video on YouTube after exporting?
You have exported the video to YouTube; what now? Now, you will publish it.
- Open your Youtube account and select your profile photo.
- You’ll see the “YouTube Studio” option. Click on it.
- A menu will open on the left. Look for “Content” and click on it.
- Choose the video that you transferred from your Twitch account.
- You can add more tags or formalities in that video.
- After doing that, click on the publish or public option. You are good to go!
Should you Upload Twitch Videos on YouTube?
I’d say why not? Because do you know what’s better than one source of income or fame? Two sources.
Furthermore, you will actually be showcasing your incredible talent and skills on a massive market like YouTube.
But you should also know that you can’t abandon your Twitch account for YouTube because that is how people know you.
So, be sure to mention your Twitch account whenever you publish any video or stream to your YouTube channel.
That is how you will expand both of your channels and earn good fortune. Good luck!
How Twitch VODs can Benefit you as a Streamer?
Quite frankly, people are either getting too lazy or too busy. Twitch is a live-streaming app/website.
Most people don’t have the time to sit and binge-watch the complete stream at once.
They would instead do it in pieces like 5 minutes, for now, 30 minutes for tomorrow, and so on.
That is why streamers must make highlights of their streams and save them for their true fans to watch completely whenever they want.
That thing helps in the growth of a channel. Moreover, when you highlight your best stream on top.
Any possible viewer scrolling down who comes across your channel will watch your best product, and he will create a good impression of you.
By making highlights, people will still enjoy your skills even when you are sleeping, and this will benefit you passively.
You can publish your highlights on YouTube and grow your audience there, as well as your fortune. Good luck!
1. Should I directly upload my VODs on YouTube?
If you wish to upload your complete stream, which can be for an hour or 2 without making highlights, then don’t. Why?
People come to YouTube to get entertainment in the least time possible; why would they waste 2 hours on one video when they watch dozens of them in that time?
So, it is better and recommended to always make and upload the best highlights of your streams.
2. How to Gain an audience on YouTube with Twitch videos?
Give them what they want. Show them what they want to see/watch. Make the start of your video the most interesting.
Because it only takes viewers one second to scroll your video. No matter how much effort you put into that.
Keep your audience as intriguing as possible. You will see the magic then.
We have discussed how to publish highlights of Twitch to YouTube on both desktop and mobile phones.
How to edit highlights and the benefits of VODs publishing on YouTube. We hope you succeed in what you are doing by following these steps.
Keep hustling. Thank you.